Having a stinky dog can be a real nuisance, and no one wants to be embarrassed while out and about with their pup. Luckily, there are a few tricks and tips you can use to make your dog smell good without having to give them a full-on bath.
- Brush your pup regularly. Regularly brushing your dog is a great way to keep them smelling fresh and clean. Not only does brushing help to remove dirt, debris and excess fur, but it also helps to distribute natural oils throughout their fur, keeping their coat shiny and healthy.
- Invest in a good quality shampoo. If you do need to give your pup a bath, be sure to use a high-quality shampoo that is designed for your dog’s skin and coat type. Avoid any shampoos that contain artificial fragrances or harsh chemicals, as these can irritate your pup’s skin.
- Use baking soda. Sprinkling some baking soda onto your pup’s coat can help to absorb any odors and leave them smelling fresh. Be sure to brush it through your pup’s fur well, and then use a vacuum to remove any excess powder.
- Try a deodorizing spray. There are a variety of deodorizing sprays available on the market that are specifically designed for dogs. These sprays can help to neutralize any bad odors and leave your pup smelling fresh and clean.
- Give them regular baths. While it may not be necessary to give your pup a full-fledged bath every week, giving them a quick rinse with a hose or in the tub every week or two can help to keep them smelling clean and fresh.
By following these simple tips, you can keep your pup smelling good without having to give them a full-on bath. In addition to keeping your pup smelling fresh, these steps will also help to keep your pup healthy and their coat looking shiny and beautiful.